Sunday, August 31, 2008

IS BELLING THE CAT WHAT I ASPISIRED FOR??


As I entered the office of my MBA coaching institute, I knew somehow or the other-my life was about to change. The moment I entered, I could see the receptionist getting prepared with her receipt book and other stuff. She asked me to sit and gave me a form.. As I was filling up the form, she asked me-“week-days or weekends”. “What”?-I fumbled. She smiled.” I asked”, she continued,” you’ll join for weekend batch or week-days? “Weekends, ma’am”-I said. A decade later when I came back to the institute, I found everything had changed, except for the receptionist, and the looks each student standing there, around me, was carrying just like me-CONFUSED. The very expression, which everyone had or has; quest of finding the answer of question –“if I would be able to bell the cat”

That was the first time I realized how things had changed. I could see myself sitting there and filling up the form myself. Believe me when I say this- there are very little sect of people who know why they do an MBA. Yeah of course in a P.I you do give hypothetical answers!!! But do we actually know. Per se had no idea why I did. And I still don’t. and so we end up embracing the famous tagline-“to sharpen our managerial skills” as “the” answer. But it certainly helped to become a better person, if not a better manager. I know I made mistakes .and cursed myself for making them. But now I understand that they were just “steps” which brought me this far. And I am happy about it.

May be all M.B.A meant was to teach that life was full of uncertainty, and sure it were. And which sadly couldn’t be solved by the logical reasoning ( I studied during my cat-coaching days) or any tools of disaster management (on which I eventually did a post graduation in), But by facing it as and when it comes.

No matter what subject you have specialized in; the fact remains that we all live the same life; same deadlines, same M.S office assistant called “rocky”, which has become as important as our sibling in our life, same “fully air-conditioned” cubicle waiting us. Even our mothers have similar thoughts -of getting us married A.S.A.P!!!!! We live the same life, no matter if one has got an tagline of-“M.B.A” or not.

2 comments:

Rohit said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AshenGlow said...

Mmm hmm... So MBA is happenin in someones life.. hehehe... abhi waqt he.. bhag ja.. save your life!...;)